Khapri pomfrets are cousins of Silver pomfrets and Black pomfrets (Halwa) and can be differentiated from them for their larger fins and larger body size. They are delivered at your doorstep in different sizes; medium, large and jumbo. Please note that frozen pomfrets are much cheaper and we do not deal in frozen fish.
Diners across many coastal states and cities like Goa and Mumbai, respectively, offer several kinds of fish cuisines. Their specialty is the cuisines of seawater fishes. Easy to eat, they are often simple to cook too. Whether you grill them or make a curry, they are delectable.
Palpet or Pomfret fish is one such sea fish famous for its taste and ease of cooking. With its sweet, rich flavour, it has a high content of good fats and minerals. Hence, they are also called butterfish. They are a great source of calcium, Vitamins A, and B Vitamins, including Vitamin B12, which offers numerous health benefits. The preparations are a culinary delight and vary in their types of gravy, roasting style. They are either grilled or fried.
Health benefits of paplet fish:
Pomfrets are a great source of nutrients, vitamins and proteins. Some of the health benefits of paplet fish are:
Boosts immune system
Decreases dementia risk
Rejuvenates the skin
Control the cholesterol level, prevents cardiovascular diseases
Nutritional Benefits of Paplet Fish:
Pomfret fish is a rich source of Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients. A 100 gm of cooked pomfret fish has the following nutrients:
Nutritional Fact [Measure (%DV)*]
Total fat 10%
Key health benefits of pomfret fish:
1. Good for eye health: The Omega-3-fatty acid and retinol content in pomfrets protect the eye from age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Hence, its consumption makes eye vision stronger.
2. Improves memory and concentration: Traces of Vitamin-D present in pomfret promotes good sleep, which in turn increases our concentration. Its consumption also decreases the risk of dementia.
3. Promotes heart’s health: Paplet fish has lean protein. It means it is low on saturated fat and cholesterol, which is good for the heart.
4. Rejuvenates the skin: Consumption of pomfret helps rejuvenate your skin and makes it look healthier and fresher.
5. Prevents bone-related disorders: Consumption of pomfret prevents the chance of developing bone-related diseases like Osteomalacia And Rachitis, in adults and children, respectively. Both are Vitamin D deficiency diseases and causes the bones to be soft. In this condition, bones break easily.