Catla (Labeo catla), also known as the major South Asian carp, is an economically important South Asian freshwater fish in the carp family Cyprinidae. It is one of the most important aquacultured freshwater species in South Asia.It is grown in polyculture ponds with other carp-like fish.
Are you aware of the fact that Catla fish is beneficial for your health? If not, then you need to know that there are numerous benefits of eating Catla fish for your health. You can add the small fish into your diet and enjoy the taste along with health as well. Let’s dive into the catla fish benefits that you can get by just adding it into your diet plan.
Catla Fish Benefits
1. Improves the blood circulation As the Catla fish is rich in omega 3, the EPA and DHA oils help the body not to produce eicosanoids. It is basically a hormone-like substance that increases the risk of blood clots and inflammation. According to researchers, Catla fish lowers the amount of cholesterol in the blood, and thus if you want to go for a healthy diet, just go for Catla fish to reduce the risk of diseases such as thrombosis, etc. Eating Catla fish improves blood circulation and helps in clearing the vessels which makes the blood circulation more clear.
2. Makes your heart stronger It is no doubt that adding Catla fish into your diet lowers the risk of heart diseases. This is because Catla fish is low in saturated fat and high in omega 3. Including Catla fish in your diet plan is the best thing that you can do to protect your heart from harmful diseases. Due to the lower level of cholesterol, the worst enemy of the heart, it helps lower the risk of heart diseases.
3. Beneficial for joints You can consider Catla fish to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis as well. It is a disease that can result in swelling up of your joints. If you add Catla fish into your balanced diet, you can slowly get rid of this disease easily. Doctors suggest eating more seafood especially Catla fish as it is very useful in stopping such harmful diseases due to a good linage between omega 3 oils and osteoarthritis.
4. Improves your eyesight Catla fish is also helpful in keeping your eyes healthy and bright. The study has proved that omega 3 fatty acids help individuals to protect their eyesight especially if they are suffering from a disease known as AMD (Age-related macular degeneration). Though this fish is small in size yet it is rich in numerous nutrients such as retinol. It is a type of vitamin A that boosts vision and thus keeps you away from AMD.
5. Boosts your energy According to different studies, it has been proved that Catla fish is rich in many nutrients such as iodine, zinc, potassium, selenium, etc. Iodine thus makes your thyroid gland stronger, and selenium protects you from cancer. You can also eat Catla fish if you need to consume vitamin A and D. This small fish is good for your lungs as well. Eating a lot of Catla fish makes your lungs healthier as compared to those who do not eat it.
6. Takes you out of depression Catla fish benefits are several, this one being one of the most important ones. Depression is a disease that can make anyone feel stressed and bad. But seafood has the power to take out any person of the depression. Seafood plays a crucial role in brightening the outlook oaf person. Researches have focused on the fact that because of being rich in omega 3 fats, Catla fish helps reduce depression. It is also helpful in avoiding seasonal affective disorder and post-natal depression.
7. More is the consumption, greater is your skin Not only does the Catla fish help in providing different nutrients to your body, but it protects your skin from UV damage also. omega 3 level fats of Catla fish keeps your skin away from various symptoms of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, etc. moreover, it keeps the skin firm and flexible due to the inclusion of substances namely collagen.
8. Good for your brain As the brain is the most important part of the human body, Catla fish is good for the human brain as well. Various studies have resulted in the fact that consuming seafood in plenty can reduce the risk of being suffering from memory problems and dementia etc. There is a great connection between problems such as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), reading skills, behavior, and much more.
9. Provides good fat to your body Being rich in fatty acids and omega 3 fats, Catla fish can be considered as good seafood easily. Catla fish the best seafood among other fatty types of fishes which includes trout, tuna, salmon, etc. Omega 3 fat is one of the best fat and thus you can consume it with the help of Catla fish. Such types of fatty acids are not only good for your brain but your eyes and skin as well. Doctors thus highly recommend mothers to consume Catla fish in their daily diet to keep themselves healthy and happy.
10. Guard you against serious BD If you are searching for something to add to your diet that can guard you against serious inflammatory bowel disease, nothing is better than Catla fish. Several pieces of evidence prove omega 3 as the best thing to slow the progression of inflammatory diseases. Just include Catla fish in your lunch or dinner and get rid of bowel diseases. Conclusion We hope these catla fish benefits would have convinced you to add it to your diet. Catla fish is also known as South Asia Carp is a freshwater fish in the carp family that is small in size but rich in nutrients. You can easily find it in the lakes and rivers of Nepal, Myanmar, India, Bangladesh, and other countries. Doctors recommend eating this healthy fish as your daily food to keep yourself away from heart and lung diseases. However, if you are looking for quality sleep, improved behaviour, healthy diet, metabolism, and health along with taste, Catla fish is the best option that you can consider. There are so many other reasons also that you can consider before consuming Catla fish in your diet.